Motion JPEG Software Decoder Utility for PCG-505G
Please read all information thoroughly before installing any files.
Last Modified :
What does this do?
This utility installs the Sony Motion JPEG Software Decoder.
What products and operating systems does this apply to?
Operating System(s):Microsoft Windows 98
- To ensure that no other program interferes with the installation, save all work and close all other programs. The Taskbar should be clear of applications before proceeding.
- It is highly recommended to print out these instructions as a reference during the installation process.
Download and Installation Instructions
- Download the MJPEG.EXE file to a temporary or download directory (please note this directory for reference).
- Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click the MJPEG.EXE file to begin the installation.
- At the “Motion JPEG Software Decoder – Welcome” box, click Continue.
- Please wait as the temporary installation files are extracted to the computer.
- At the “Choose Setup Language” box, confirm that “English” is selected and click OK. A Setup box will appear and the Motion JPEG Decoder files will be installed. Please wait as it finishes installing all the files.
- At the “Setup Complete” screen, click Finish.
NOTE: If it is necessary to install the Motion JPEG Software Decoder Utility again, you will need to first remove the MJPEG.EXE installation files. To do so, follow these steps:
- Locate the folder containing the MJPEG.EXE file in the system.
- Double-click the MJPEG.EXE file.
- In the “Motion JPEG Software Decoder – Welcome” box, click Continue.
- At the “Confirm File Deletion” box, click OK to remove the installer files.
- At the “Maintenance Complete” screen, click Finish.
- Click Start, point to Settings, and click Control Panel.
- At the “Control Panel” window, double-click the Add/Remove Programs icon.
- In the Install/Uninstall tab, double-click the “Motion JPEG Software Decoder” entry.
- At the “Confirm File Deletion” box, click Yes to remove all of the Motion JPEG Software Decoder files.
- At the “Remove Programs From Your Computer” box, click OK.
- Click the X in the top-right corner to close the “Add/Remove Programs Properties” box.
- Click the X in the top-right corner to close the “Control Panel” window.
- Click Start and select Shut Down.
- At the “Shut Down Windows” box, select Restart and click OK.
The MJPEG.EXE file can now be reinstalled.